Gouache is a beautiful water-based artist paint, similar to acrylic or an opaque watercolor.
- Mix 1 cup hot water with ½ cup Gum Arabic Powder
- Add in 1/5 cup honey (a little less than ¼ cup)
- Add two drops of clove or thyme essential oil to help preserve it
- In separate bowl, mix 1 Tbsp. honey with 9 TBSP of above mixture (1:9) - this is your "base".
- Mix 1 tsp. limestone powder(whiting) with 6 tsp. pigment.
- Mix one part "base" with one part pigment/limestone mix. (example: 1 Tbsp. base & 1 Tbsp. pigment mix)
- Store in airtight jar.